Friday, August 11, 2017

A meteor Shower this weekend~~~

Hello Dear Readers,

Well I did say that August was going to be a busy month and it is.

It seems I forgot that we are also having the Perseid Meteor shower which is starting today!

You can see I'm excited about this. 

The showers will run on August 11, 12 and 13.

The peak of the showers will be about 1 a.m. on August 12  PDT at least I think I'm right about the time---but check on the internet for where you live.

Part of the problem about viewing the showers this time is that we have a waning Gibbous Moon which is about 77 to 85% brightness for the weekend, so it may make viewing a bit hard.

Now you know I'm big on spiritually charged waters so if you want meteor shower charged waters this would be a good time. 

Now why is this shower called the Perseid?

Well it appears to originate from the constellation Perseus, and I know Who was Perseus?  Perseus was the legendary founder of Mycenae and of the Perseid dynasty of Danaans, was, alongside Cadmus (founder and first king of Thebes) and Bellerophon the slayer of the Chimera, the greatest Greek hero and slayer of monsters before the days of Heracles.

 From Wikipedia--- Perseus in Greek mythology, "Perseus was the son of DanaĆ«, who was sent by King Polydectes to bring the head of Medusa the Gorgon—whose visage caused all who gazed upon her to turn to stone—as a wedding gift. Perseus slew Medusa in her sleep, and Pegasus and Chrysaor appeared from her body. Perseus continued to the realm of Cepheus whose daughter Andromeda was to be sacrificed to Cetus the sea monster.

Perseus rescued Andromeda from the monster by killing it with his diamond sword.[8] He turned Polydectes and his followers to stone with Medusa's head and appointed Dictys the fisherman king. Perseus and Andromeda married and had six children. In the sky, Perseus lies near the constellations Andromeda, Cepheus, Cassiopeia (Andromeda's mother), Cetus, and Pegasus."


So why collect that water, well if you need courage to overcome monsters of any kind this kind of water used in spells or rituals would be the kind you'd need.   And since it is a waning Gibbous Moon, waning moons are for banishing so it would work to help banish your fears. 

If you are big on star gazing then for the next three nights it should be fun, pack a nighttime picnic dinner and if it's chilly where you are be sure to include hot coffee or hot chocolate.

Bright Blessings,
Ms. Q 

 

5 comments:

  1. If I were to collect this water, should it be put in any specific colored bottle? Black I suppose, given that it would be moon water too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Andrea,

      Blue would be my first choice, but considering that it's a waning moon then black for banishing.

      You could combine the two, collect the energy in a blue bottle and then wrap it in either black paper or cloth.

      I suggested blue because it is the Perseid Meteor Shower, for courage.

      But with the banishing factor then black if you do have such a color bottle.

      Or wrap a clear bottle in black paper after you've collected the energy.

      One does have a lot of options to do this.

      Bright Blessings,
      Ms. Q

      Delete
    2. I had a blue bottle but no cork. And would you believe I passed on a black bottle I saw at the antique shop yesterday morning? So, blue and black fabric it was. I saw seven meteors in about a half hour before the moon and clouds came :)

      Thank you for the advice.
      A

      Delete
  2. I would like a reading ,how can I reach you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello My Dear,

      I do not do full readings privately anymore, and to preserve my privacy as well as that of family members I do not give out contact information.

      If you have a question I can do a one card reading, but you’d have to post it here, and please include your initials so I'll know that it is you.

      Too many people sign in as “Anonymous”.

      Bright Blessings,
      Ms. Q

      Delete