Sunday, August 4, 2013

A burial ritual~~~~

Hello,

I've not been posting here for a while as you know.  With work being done on my house, and doing a weeding out of things I do not need, I have not had the time to continue with my "essays" on "Warding and Shielding".

I will pick that thread up soon as I get things done.

But I wanted to tell you something that I recently did.

I've been going through things that I do not need, including clothing that I no longer fit into, (loss weight---a good thing), but in going through things I also discovered things like long lost friends.

However there was one thing I did discover that I was very sad to see, I had a small shoe box which contained the felt slippers of my late Grandmother, I loved her dearly and learned a lot from her.  Many a time I feel her close to me, but when I opened the shoe box I discovered that the slippers were disintegrating, the felt was becoming powder from old age.

I could not throw them out, I felt that would be dis-respectful, but I knew in time they would become dust, a pale blue dust, and I sensed I could no longer have them in my closet, so what to do?

I meditated on it and an answer came to me.   I would bury them.  First I gathered the dust that was in the shoe box into a small jar and labeled it.

Then carefully choosing a spot in my garden near where I've buried my pet (they have headstones) I designated an area which I would use to bury those items I find from family members that are disintegrating and have no possible physical use......But they do have a spiritual use.

You see objects or items, be it clothing or something else does collect and hold the energy of the late owner, that is why its important to "cleanse" spiritually any object purchased at a yard or Estate Sale or from a 2nd hand or thrift shop,  with clothing one can add a pinch of sea or kosher salt to wash water or a bit of holy water and say a prayer over it. 

With a solid object one can either smudge it with Sage or Frankincense or bless it with holy water, there are other purification rituals written in many books and on the internet and they all work well.  Just be aware of what will work best with the item, depending upon what the item is made of.

In this case I did not want to eliminate the spiritual essence of my Grandmother, it was spiritually connecting between her and me.   So I freshened the ground, made it clean from weeds but so it would also allow flowers or herbs or grass to grow, then I blessed the ground to make it holy, by using holy water and praying over it, stating my intentions of having it as a holy place. 

I allowed then the ground to rest a few days and during that time looked for an appropriate headstone for it.  I found one of a standing angel blowing a kiss, in of all places, at our local CVS pharmacy store (this place also carries many things for home, personal and outdoor use).

Then I wanted to be sure to be able to bring her energy to me so at the start of the first 3 days of the Full moon, I buried the slippers contained in their shoe box in my little cemetery, with prayers asking for my Grandmother to watch over me and my family and our house and property and all our pets living and dead that are with us both physically and spiritually.

I then did a decade of the rosary of the Glorious Mysteries that speaks of resurrection (or life after death) and then placed the angle (which stands 18 inches tall) on top of the burial site.  Then I planted some flower seeds as well, nasturtiums,  since the burial was just away from the fence I decided I would also plant behind it a border of outdoor violets.

By doing this, I knew that at any time I could call upon the spirit of my grandmother when I needed her help, either using a touch of the powder that I saved from the disintegrating slippers or from the dirt at the tiny grave.

Sometimes improvisation can be helpful, and since I know that I will never be moving from my home it is a perfect solution.

If you are blessed to own a home (and I do mean own) in which you know you will not sell, this is a perfect and quick solution alternative for harnessing power.

For those of you who live in an apartment, if you have a patio or outside balcony and have one of those portable green houses, you can come up with an alternative as well, with implementing creativity.

Blessings,  Ms. Q. 

No comments:

Post a Comment