Sunday, August 6, 2017

Double Eclipses this month and a Mercury retrograde?~~~



Hello Dear Readers,

Well with the Big Eclipse of the Sun coming up towards the end of this month and the fact that Starting on August 7th we’ll be having a Lunar eclipse, then on August 12th  we’ll be beginning a Mercury retrograde,  this month is going to be shaping up to be very interesting.

Communication will go haywire, plans will fall through, we may have more heat waves, tempers getting more than testy, and in fact they may get downright mean.    As a matter of fact I’ve noticed myself having a lack of patience with a few family members, being cranky with them and then apologizing afterwards for my short-temperedness.

With 2 eclipses in this month and one of the going right across the United States this is making this an intense period where we will find our spirit is broken so wide open that we feel a tsunami of emotions, fears and major, possibly ‘earthshaking’ events happening in our lives bringing about unexpected changes in our lives.

This period which is including the Mercury retrograde,  can accelerate these changes, but also bring about the headaches of lack of communication,  our perceptions of things will be twisted around and see things differently,  the speeding up of these things can be either exciting or frightening depending upon what is happening in your life.

This is because eclipses bring about us seeing things that we haven’t seen or chose to not see, but we can’t avoid it, it’s going to happen, so even if it’s painful we’ll have to work through it if we want to learn or gain anything in our progress in life.

This will be a time for you to ask questions such as what has been hiding from me or I was not really looking at, where am I failing at, and what can I learn from this and grow with it?

In short this will be a time to put on your “Grown-Up Pants” and be honest with yourself, your dreams, and your goals,  have you made them impossible to reach, or are they un-realistic that you set yourself up to fail?    This would be a good time to come back to reality and re-evaluate what you need to do.

It’s not failure, not even a set-back, but it is a re-adjustment or realignment to be honest with yourself and make things right to keep yourself on track.  

Yes Dear Readers, you may find this Eclipse and Mercury retro-grade period a wake-up call.  And right in the middle of the Dog Days of Summer.

And we may be feeling some of it happening right now, creeping in with little spats here and there, a few little things going wrong,  mis-communication, things being late.   

So what can you do?  Keep Calm,  be focused, take deep breaths,  and know that there is a solution, don’t re-act to a situation, analyze it and come up with a solution.

Of course that’s hard to say when your house is on fire or your child has broken their leg or other disaster.   But even with that Focus and be Calm.  

When I fell and broke my ankle my Husband, and the Neighbor said to me in a panic “Can you get up and hop on one foot to the car and we’ll drive you to the ER?”   I looked at them with this thought running through my head “Are they Kidding???”  Finally taking deep breaths and getting my pain under control and my heart to stop racing, I yelled “I broke my ankle!!”   “What do you want us to do??”  they replied,  Well DUH!!!  I finally yelled out “Call the Paramedics!!”   Oh Good they reacted and did just that then they relaxed, and focused (finally) on making me as comfortable as possible until the Paramedics got there. 

And then in was in other people’s hands,  I and my husband and the neighbor can look back on that and laugh about it, but it was an example of how panic and not focusing could easily have taken over. 

So during this time especially, breathe, remain calm and focus and you’ll find your way.   And in doing that can avoid having conflicts and having a period instead of difficulty, turning it around to be self-discovery.

Bright Blessings,
Ms. Q

3 comments:

  1. Ms. Q, I'm in the process of reviving a long-suppressed "gift" and I feel like a child stumbling through the dark. Having drifted onto your sight while in search of information, I feel compelled to seek your interpretation and advice. I understand that you are recovering from a fall (I'm terribly sorry and wish you a speedy recovery) but if you feel inclined, I would appreciate your guidance more than you will ever know. Thank you so very much. KG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear KG,

      Thank you for your good wishes on my recovery.

      I have not taken on students for some time, given my age, but I am working with some younger family members in getting them to understand what is around them in the spiritual world.

      And if I do not have the answers I guide them to books and web sites that can explain things better and in more depth than I can.

      If you don’t mind asking your questions on this site (which I also feel would help others seeking information as well) I’ll do my best to guide you.

      I do not have all the answers but I can at least point the way. If you don’t mind working this way.

      Bright Blessings,
      Ms. Q

      Delete
    2. Dear Dayja C,

      No I’m not Black.

      Although Hoodoo or Conjure is from an African American tradition it has also incorporated in the 20/21st century some comparable European as well as Native American practices. And is all encompassing.

      I’ve also found some practices that are Latin American that have come into Hoodoo as well, so it appears to be developing from its basic roots, into fluid, changeable magical workings, yet with its basic roots.

      Since it’s a magical practice as oppose to a religious belief (please remember this is only my opinion) it can be used by anyone regardless of their ethnic background or origins, once they understand its workings.

      Fritz Lieber (who was studying for the priesthood) posited this premise very well in his fictional novel “Conjure Wife” which was written in the 1940’s and is still in print in paperback today. I recommend it to you.

      And it was that way among the ladies of my Granny’s group and they were from different ethnic backgrounds, Bella and Della were Italian, Mrs. Washington was Black from Louisiana near New Orleans, Mrs. Harcourt was from England, Mrs. Byrd was German, Mrs. Hernandez was Hispanic, Mrs. Jackson was white from the deep South, Granny was Portuguese, Mrs. Borel was French from near Lyons and they found similarities as well as differences in their practices and discovered what worked best or incorporated them.

      Bright Blessings,
      Ms. Q

      Delete