Saturday, August 26, 2017

Of Eclipses, Nature, Thoughts and Uncovered information~~~



Hello Dear Readers,

This has been a busy week for me, with family visiting and the Eclipse happening,  some of my family members packed a picnic lunch and we drove inland to an area where it was not overcast to see the Eclipse even if the area where I live it would have been only a partial eclipse.

Taking precautions to not damage our eyes we saw the moon block out ¾ of the sun, the air turned very cool, the birds that were chirping became silent as if going to sleep, the atmosphere around us became a dusty brown color because there was still ¼ of the sun showing we only saw a few of the most powerful stars.   But the magnificence of the interaction between the sun, the moon and the earth was beyond words. 

Some believe that during an eclipse it’s important to take time out during it to pray for enlightenment and to understand the harmony that the Divine Presence can show during this astronomical dance, I know once seen never forgotten, it was moving and beautiful.  For those who got to see the total eclipse they must have been awe-struck. 

I strongly feel that this is a reminder that we should stop at least once a day or once a week, set aside our electronic toys and gadgets and get out among nature, to listen to the birds, observe even the actions of squirrels in urban settings, walk in the forest or go to the ocean and listen to the rhythm of the waves and see how perfectly they curl, to just observe and enjoy that which is free.   That is why in big Cities they have parks for those who cannot go to the mountains or forest or oceans, because some wise planner knew that we have to see more than just concrete, brick and stone and grey sky.  

When I was a little girl I use to wonder why some elderly people would toss stale bread or bird seed to the pigeons in the park, but now at my age I understand the need to connect to nature, and that is why I make it a ritual to have my coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon and sit on my porch to observe nature, to plant plants that attract hummingbirds and butterflies, put up a seed dispenser to attract birds and sometimes an adventuresome squirrel, and I’ve found it to be far more fun than watching T.V.

So if you can dear readers take one day a week to connect to nature in some way, you’ll find that its uplifting to your soul, and connecting to the spiritual energies around us.

On a different subject, my niece and one of my other relatives have been helping me sort through and---believe it or not---catalog my books and papers.   I never realized I had so much “stuff”, including news clippings of strange phenomena and oddities.   But among my “stuff” we came across a missing page in regards to the ritual of candle dressing.   Now I knew that my Granny before she would dress a candle would wash her hands first and in-between preparing it she would from time to time wash her hands, but over the years I had forgotten the exact reason behind it.

Now when applying oils you do not want to mix the different oils on your hands and confuse the energies, but this paper gave the exact formula as to what to do prior to handling the candles,  I will put this in another post, and I may have to go back to the “Art of Candle Spells”  the section on preparing the candles and re-edit it.   So something more to come in the works.

Bright Blessings,
Ms. Q  

4 comments:

  1. This blog is magical! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Camilla, I'm glad that you're enjoying it.

      Bright Blessings,
      Ms. Q

      Delete
  2. Great article. If you are willing to share spiritual, there are references that can be used as a reference. Learning spiritual through the path that suits each other, whether religious, supernatural, kindness, physical, indigo, music / art, yoga / meditation, etc.: http://jongkojoyosudrajat.blogspot.co.id/2016/10/cara- learn-spiritual_25.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment, I did try to check out the web site but it came back that it did not exist. Perhaps the URL is wrong.

      Bright Blessings,
      Ms. Q

      Delete