Sunday, January 8, 2017

Having Power problems do to storm~~~

Hello Everyone,

Where I live we have been having one Heck of a storm!   The weatherman is saying that within two to three days we'll have enough water for the month of January.   Have not seen anything this bad since '97.

The power that nature has unleashed has been a bit frightening.  

And we've been having what I call "flickering" power outages.  

It's been in it's own way exciting too but this kind of excitement I can do without.  

When we had a break (briefly) in the rain and it was only lightly drizzling,  my husband and visiting nephew went out to check on things and shored up a fence that was seriously leaning over,  boarded up a broken window that looked into the basement (a tree branch managed to hit it) 

My flowers have been stripped of leaves,  and my neighbors dog sought shelter on our back porch,  she had not realized her dog had gotten out,  drying him off and calming him down we happily returned him to his grateful and happy owner.

But because of the violence of this storm and the power going out from time to time,  if you post a comment I may not be able to respond in a timely manner so I ask all of you  to please be patient if things are delayed.

One thing I'm very happy about,  my favorite old 1970's T.V. show "Kolchak: the Night Stalker" is going to be run on ME T.V. right after Columbo, as I said it was the inspiration for X-Files, Sleepy Hollow has premiered with it's mixture of History and witchcraft, pure entertainment  and Supernatural has been renewed for a 13th Season, so now I'll get to see what else the writers keep mixing up.  

But if the power goes out again, I have my "old Boston Lanterns" with it's LED lights and my books to read and can cook with our old gas stove, the only problem would be keeping things cold.  But we'll manage.

In the meantime as I said before if you post something as a comment and it doesn't show up right away please do not post a 2nd or 3rd time, I will get to you, its just a power outage.

Bright Blessings,
Ms. Q 




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Dear Sarina,

      Thank you for your concern, we’ve managed to come though the worse of it just fine, although I was worried about any food spoiling but that didn’t happen.

      The power kept going on and then off, then on and off again, I’m glad that for cooking and heating we have gas, my husband kept checking the ceilings for leaks but we have a good solid roof that good for another 15 years, one set of gutters did break off and it looks like we’ll be doing some serious painting on parts of the house come summer, no leaks in the basement which is good I was glad during the drought we put on a new storm door to the basement.

      So we played board games and cards when the power was out, we did lose our phone land line for a time, but we had cell phones for back up, my family is fine.

      And no mudslides although there was some flooding in our neighborhood, but we are on the high end of the street and clear of it.

      Right now crews are out clearing out the main storm drain that cause the flooding, and the water is now running freely off the street Thank Goodness.

      And trust little children to find fun in rainy weather, floating their makeshift boats in the gutters.

      I won’t be able to get a Glass man out to repair the window until next week but I’m not going to worry about that now.

      Some weather people are saying that this is a storm one sees only every 20 or 30 years, so it’s easy to forget what needs to be done.

      I did talk to my husband about what to do to protect those basement windows and all we can do it put up decorative grills which would prevent future breakage, so we’ll go with that, and of course repair the broken gutter when we get a few dry days and repair the fence when it gets warmer.

      But it was exciting in its own way. But I’ll take a nice gentle rain any day. Until the sun comes out I am staying indoors for now.

      Thank you again for your concern Sarina.

      Bright Blessings,
      Ms. Q

      Delete