Friday, September 29, 2017

Leaving on another Road Trip next week~~~~



Hello Everyone,

Well next week my hubby and I are going to hit the road again, to see more family members and those that we only had a brief time to spend with.

We are not putting a time line on how long I’ll be gone,  I’m leaving the Halloween decorating to my nieces and nephews, they will be house sitting for me. 

Again I’m not sure how soon I’ll be back to respond to any comments or questions, but  I hope to have a few more articles to post here. 

Some of you have given me ideas based upon your questions about what to write about, because I know if one of you asks that question I’m sure there are a hundred of you who may have thought about it.

I love traveling in the Autumn, although the rivers and waterfalls do not run as full as in the late Spring (another time of year I love)  but there is always something spiritually exciting in the air during those two times of the year.    And I never know what I’ll come across.

For me even at my old age every day is a learning lesson, and if we stop learning well then we die, figuratively speaking.   I learn from observation, reading, asking questions, doing something I’ve never tried but trust me at my age I will not do rock climbing, sometimes watching historical documentaries on the PBS station or watching a favorite T.V. program to see (through the scriptwriter’s thinking) the types of thoughts or situations that might be faced even if the story line might be too over blown.

But nature is the best teacher, every morning I wake up, I have a cup of coffee in hand and sit on my back  porch and look at my garden, but I’m doing more than looking, I’m listening and observing too, to the sounds around me, the songs of the birds, the furtive movements of the squirrels, the sounds of the city trucks picking up recyclables, or street sweeping, the beeping of the work trucks that are just 7 blocks over working on a building project,  the barking of a dog, the smell of bacon in the cool air, a child calling out to its parent, the leaves on the trees, what might be blooming in the yard, even the scent of the air like a perfume that can’t be bottled, the feel of the breeze on my skin, to enjoy the not quite silence of life around me, that is a wonderful teacher using all 5 of my natural senses and not have them drowned out by loud music, crowds, cars-buses-trucks all hurrying to nowhere, to just be still and take it all in,  that is why I love to travel in an RV (use to camp in a tent), and stay near a river or lake and take in all that nature has to offer, it’s healing and it’s teaching and we should all learn from it.

So we’ll be leaving again sometime next week.   And for me getting there is 75 percent of the fun.

My niece will be gone as well visiting some friends, as I said other family members will be house sitting, but I have told them to not tinker with my blog.

So if anyone posts a question or comment, it won’t be answered until I return and please don’t fret or post twice if you don’t see it come up, because it will be in a “holding file” for moderation, and I check all my files.   

For now with this weekend coming up my suggestion to you dear readers is to go out, take a picnic lunch and experience nature, in a park, the beach, a picnic in the country, do Not take your MP3 players, don’t cut yourself off with wearing those ear bud thingees, let nature be your music, listen, feel, observe all its sutilties, and rejuvenate your energies.

Bright Blessings,
Ms. Q     

No comments:

Post a Comment