Thursday, November 26, 2015

A Spiritual Quote for this Season of Thanks~~~

Hello Everyone,

Ms. Q, even in her weakened state, sometimes can still be a force to reckon with and we just don't want to cross her.

But she insisted that today of all days that everyone who is a practitioner remember today as a day of Thanks for the blessings we have and to share them with those who are least fortunate be they human or animal.

Last night she was telling me and my cousins how as a child even when her Dad was out of work, how her family would share what they had with those who were in an even worse situation.  Even though her family were practitioners they were and are of Catholic or Christian Faith, even a few members who married into the family were Jewish (maybe not so orthodox), so there would be times when both holidays were celebrated. 

But Ms. Q, after her Granny passed away insisted being given a hand sewn sampler that her Granny did as a young woman,  which was framed,  it hung in her Granny's dinning room and it hangs in Ms. Q's as well.   And every Holiday when the family is gathered together Ms Q insists that this quote from the Bible be spoken over the table before we say Grace.

From Matthew 25: 35-40

For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you made me welcome, lacking clothes and you clothed me, sick and you visited me, in prison and you came to see me."

Then the upright will say to him in reply, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?   When did we see you a stranger and make you welcome, lacking clothes and clothe you?   When did we find you sick or in prison and go to see you?"

And the Lord will answer, "In truth I tell you, in so far as you did this to one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did it to me."


Ms. Q also remembers that it is important to care for our pets and those animals who live in the wild especially during these harsh months in the northern climates.

But she says we should do this year around, not just for the holidays, and it matters not of what belief or lack of belief you have, if everyone one of us did this, without thought of repayment or compensation, we would be wealthy beyond belief and it would not be a financial wealth but that of honor, respect, dignity, valor and of love.

In Ms. Q's words, "Blessings to All of You"

No comments:

Post a Comment